Mar 13, 2010

5th painting - Unterwittighausen

This is the main church in the community, serving about 1,000 parishioners. I really need to finish this series before the end of the month, so tonight I made quite a bit of progress on this one. I forgot to take a picture when I did the acrylic burnt sienna drawing, so it starts with the drawing plus shadows in oil, then some colors added, and to finish off tonight, the sky. Since this scene has almost no trees, I decided to make the sky more dramatic and followed the reference photo. More later...
Dies ist die Kirche in Unterwittighausen. I muss diese Serie wirklich vor Ende Maerz vollenden, und nun habe ich mich endlich an das letzte Gemaelde gemacht. Wie immer, Skizze in Braun und die Schatten in Oel festgehalten, dann ein bisschen Farbe, und ich schliesse diesen Post mit dem dramatischen Himmel. Da diese Szene fast keine Vegetation hat, dachte ich mir, ich folge dem Referenzphoto ganz genau und banne den tollen Himmel auf die Leinwand. Bis spaeter!



No comments: