Aug 13, 2012

NYC: Rain At The Met

Hello all!
I finished a new studio painting. I have always wanted to do a rainy day scene, and looking thru the photos I took when I was visiting NYC with my fiance this spring I found the scene we came upon when we stepped outside the Met (most wonderful museum!).
Ich wollte schon immer einen Regentag malen, und hatte nun endlich Gelegenheit. Ich schaute durch die Photos, die ich mit meinem Verlobten in New York City diesen Fruehling schossen. Dies war die Szene, die wir erschauten, als wir aus dem Metropolitan Museum raustraten.


NYC - Rain At The Met, 11"x14", oil on masonite

I painted this in 2 sessions with my usual limited palette, however I used a cooler blue than the usual ultramarine. 
Ich malte dies in 2 Sitzungen, mit meiner normalen kleinen Farbauswahl, jedoch mit einem kuehleren Blau als das normale Ultramarin Blau.

No comments: