Jul 6, 2010

Painting in North Carolina!


Over the 4th of July weekend I went with my boyfriend to visit his family in NC again. While there I painted the creek down the road. Unfortunately the sun had left and it was very dark down in the valley. The kids went fishing and collected rocks, while I did this 8"x10" in about 1 hour. It's really hard to do rushing water, but I'm pretty happy with it.
Wir hatten Unabhaengigkeitstag (Fourth of July) dieses Wochenende, und mein Freund und ich besuchten seine Familie in North Carolina. Waehrend die Kinder angelten und Steine sammelten, malte ich den plaetschernden Bach im Tal. Leider war die Sonne hinter Wolken versteckt, und die Szene war ziemlich dunkel. Ich bin jedoch sehr zufrieden, denn fliessendes Wasser ist ziemlich schwer zu malen!

Down at Cooper's Creek, 8"x10", oil on masonite

No comments: