Sep 28, 2011

At Clay Gallery



Another painting opportunity last Saturday at the Harris House by the River. We had several plein air artists, even though it was still very very hot and humid. I found a shady place in the garden of Clay Gallery with several other artists, and I painted the tree beyond the fence. The street scene behind it was very busy, so I left it out. Big mistake! Another lessen learned: Don't make up stuff that's not there! Next time I rather attempt the real scene with its business, than making up a simpler scene...
Ich hatte wieder eine Chance zum Malen letzten Samstag in New Smyrna Beach am Fluss. Es waren etliche Kuenstler dort, und wir fanden einen schattigen Malplatz in dem Garten einer kleinen Gallerie.
Ich liess die komplizierte Strassen-Szene hinter dem Zaun aus und malte eine einfachere Erfindung stattdessen, was mir ueberhaupt nicht gefaellt, nun da es fertig ist. Wieder 'ne neue Erfahrung: Lieber das echte malen, egal wie kompliziert es ist, als was zu erfinden...

Underpainting with some color scrubbed in.


Sky laid in.



Too much fun! Zuviel Spass!


Cindy with daughter, me, Barbara, and Pat.



It started as a 14"x11", but I think it looks better cropped to a 10x8. I think I will cut it once it's dry.
Es fing als ein groesseres Gemaelde an, doch finde ich, dass es besser aussieht, wenn ich es auf die obige Groesse und Plazierung schneide. Wenn's trocken ist...

No comments: