Jun 23, 2012

Dolls of Deland

Good morning! I was the featured artist at Wolfe Gallery in Deland during their monthly art walk yesterday. The paintings I have for sale at the gallery were put up front and I was painting on the sidewalk right by the front door.
Guten Morgen. Ich war der "Hauptschlager" waehrend des monatlichen Kunsttreffen in Deland gestern abend. Die Gemaelde, die ich in Wolfe Gallery dort ausgestellt habe, wurden in einen Hauptplatz gestellt, und ich war draussen auf dem Gehsteig und malte den Laden gegenueber.


I painted the building across the street, Dolls of Deland, as I was attracted by the burgundy-colored awnings and the NYC-like look of the buildings.
Das Geschaeft war ein Puppenladen und ich fand die roten Ueberhange ganz toll, sie erinnerten mich an Gebaeude in New York City.


We had lots of people milling around, and I met lots of friends and acquaintances. Thank you all for coming out and supporting the arts! The event was 3 hours long, 6-9pm, and I finished my painting just as the light was fading at 8:30pm. I will let it dry and then bring it to the gallery for sale in a few weeks.
Es waren viele Leute, die herumspazierten, und mit denen ich mich unterhalten konnte. Als gegen halb neun die Sonne unterging, malte ich meinen letzten Strich. Ich bin sehr zufrieden mit dem Gemaelde und werde es trocknen lassen, bevor ich es dann zur Ausstellung in der Gallerie gebe.


Dolls of Deland, 11"x14", oil on masonite

No comments: