Feb 19, 2010

Progress and 2 new ones!

Finally I am getting back into my paint mode! Not with as much fury as last year, but at least I'm producing. Last night I did a bit more on Poppenhausen, mostly the sky, and some of its blue color I repeated in the streets again. Notice how the cast shadow on the tower is the focal point and very effective, even at this beginning stage.
Endlich bin ich wieder voll im Malen - nicht ganz so eifrig wie letztes Jahr, aber immerhin... Gestern abend malte ich den Himmel von Poppenhausen, und ein bisschen mehr Blau auf der Strasse. Der Schatten der Kirche, der auf den Turm faellt, ist sogar in dieser ersten Malphase sehr eindrucksvoll.

This afternoon I met with Sharon in Ormond and we painted for 3 hours at Tomoka State Park. The light was a bit pale and not the best, but we both produced 2 paintings. Here is my first setup, some canoes at the water's edge.

Heute nachmittag traf ich mich mit Sharon in Ormond and wir malten fuer 3 Stunden in Tomoka State Park. Das Winterlicht war etwas fahl und nicht besonders, aber wir konnten beide je zwei Gemaelde produzieren und sind ziemlich zufrieden. Hier ist meine erste Szene, ein paar Kanus am Wasser.

"Ready to go" 11x14, oil on masonite

After this effort I turned 90 degrees and painted the scene that Sharon chose for her first one. I think this one is really good and I especially like the painterly effect and how the colors work together.

Danach drehte ich mich nach rechts und malte die Szene, die Sharon fuer ihr erstes Bild gewaehlt hatte. Ich finde diese Szene besonders gut gelungen, vor allem, wie gut die Farben zusammenhalten fuer die gewuenschte Wirkung.
Tomoka In Winter" 5x7, oil on masonite

No comments: