Aug 31, 2010

All Tied Up

Ahhh, finally back to plein air, the weather is "cooling down" a bit... I met a new painting buddy, Mark, and we went to my favorite spot at the Dunlawton Bridge. Mark is developing a new pochade box, which can be purchased here www.goboxeasel.com. I have tried it out on several occasions, and again this weekend, and I really like it. Very compact and fine to handle. He also gave me one of his panels with linen glued to it, and this is the second time I have tried them. I was fighting the weave and its property of sucking the oil right out of my paints again, and now I swear I will stick with gessoed masonite - that's it.
My painting therefore is not the best, also because we chatted quite a bit, and I helped with his own painting. That's my story - and I'm sticking to it!
Endlich wieder beim Malen, da nun das Wetter ein bisschen "kuehler" ist. Ich traf mich mit Mark, der eine neue Pochade Box entwickelt hat, und mich als Versuchskaninchen auserkoren hat. Ich mag seinen Kasten sehr, der hier www.goboxeasel.com zu erhalten ist. Leider probierte ich nun zum 2. Mal seine Boards mit Leinwand aus, was nicht meine Sache ist, und dementsprechend sieht auch mein Gemaelde aus... Ich werde von nun an nur noch Masonite verwenden, keine Leinwand! Die Faserung/Textur stoert mich sehr.
All tied up 10"x8", oil on masonite with linen


I wanted to share real quick something beautiful. I had some twigs that my teaparty-commission-client Marie had given me. I had them in a vase in my bedroom, and was disrupted in my sleep by rustling. It was caused by a butterfly emerging from its cocoon - right there in my room! Isn't he beautiful? I took him outside after taking the pictures.
Eine kleine schoene Geschichte: Meine Klientin der Teaparty, Marie, hatte mir einige Zweige mitheimgegeben, die ich in eine Vase setzte. Letzte Woche wurde mein Schlaf gestoert durch Rascheln. Es war ein Schmetterling, der sich in meinem Schlafzimmer entpuppte! Ist er nicht toll? Ich liess ihn dann nach draussen, nachdem ich ihn photographiert hatte.

No comments: