Sep 2, 2010

Gemini Springs II

I only worked half a day today, so on my way home I stopped at the park of Gemini Springs and painted the red barn next to the caretaker's house that I had painted last year in the summer. It was very hot and I had to stand in the full sun for the best view, but I believe it was worth it. I used my own smooth masonite panels, and ahh, what a difference. One of the groundskeepers stopped to take a peek and commented on how nice it was for me to use the park in such a way. A little over an hour, 5 colors plus white, 2 brushes used. I might do some "landscaping" and remove that very light palm tree in the center, I'll think about it for a couple of days,, not sure yet...
Heute durfte ich nur halbtags arbeiten, und zum Glueck hatte ich meine Malsachen im Kofferraum. Auf dem Heimweg fuhr ich in den Gemini Springs Park, wo ich letztes Jahr schon das alte Haus gemalt hatte. Nun kam die rote Scheune nebendort dran. Ich musste leider in der prallen heissen Sonne stehen, doch ich glaube, dass es das wert war. Ich malte auf meinem eigenen superglatten Malgrund, und ahh, was fuer ein Unterschied. Ich bin sehr zufrieden mit dem Gemaelde, und bekam auch schoene Komplimente von einem der Parkwaechter.




Gemini Springs, 10"x8", oil on masonite

1 comment:

Maria (Mary) Bales said...

Lovely Plaine Aire.
That red really pops.