Mar 28, 2012

Epcot - Day 2

After a great evening with my fiance, we started Saturday as another great day with sunny skies and some puffy clouds. There were noticeably more people in the park, but again, it was a lot of fun talking to them.
Nach einem schoenen Abend mit meinem Verlobten, fing der Samstag als ein schoener Tag mit Sonnenschein wieder an. Es waren nun viel mehr Leute im Park, aber wie immer, alle sehr nett und interessiert. Es macht viel Spass, sich mit den Besuchern zu unterhalten, und ich traf auch einige aus Deutschland.

Austin and me at the hotel
Mein Verlobter Austin mit mir im Hotel

I set up again outside by the walkway, right in the sun, and decided to do a larger painting that would be more involved with more detail and attention.
Ich malte wieder am Rande der Promenade, fing jedoch eine groessere Leinwand an, so dass ich mich laenger damit beschaeftigen konnte.


Again I had to edit out a lot of the booths and buildings, some rock formations on the let, and thousands of people. I made the busy scene into a serene and quiet Canadian farmers market in a park. I started with a stark red underwash which was questioned by a lot of visitors, but it ended up giving the final painting a great glow. I am very satisfied with it.
Ich musste wieder viele Sachen auslasssen, und verwandelte die originale beschaeftigte Szene in einen geruhsamen Blick auf einen kanadischen Gemuesemarkt. Ich fing mit einem starken Rot als Unterwasch an, was viele Besucher verwundete, aber das vollendete Gemaelde finde ich total gut gelungen.

Canadian Farmers Market, 18"x12", oil on masonite

I painted this throughout the morning, and finished it after lunch. I then went back into the garden to join the others who mostly painted the beautiful flowers and awesome planters. I finished the one I had started the day before and am super happy with it, especially since it's not my usual subject matter.
Ich beendete die Szene kurz nach dem Mittagessen, und ging dann zurueck zu meinen Mit-Kanadiern im Garten, wo ich das 4. Gemaelde vom vorherigen Tag vollendete. Auch sehr zufrieden damit, vor allem, da ich selten sowas Schmalziges/Blumiges male.

Beautiful Flowers, 8"x10", oil on masonite

After we finished for the day, Austin and I met some friends and we enjoyed a concert by The Guess Who who were performing at the Americana stage in the park, before going out to dinner.
Nach 17 Uhr trafen Austin und ich mit einigen Freunden im Park und sahen ein Konzert mit den The Guess Who, die dort auftraten.

No comments: