Dec 7, 2008

The Artist and her Sister (Renoir copy)

This was my first painting done in oils. I painted this in 2002 to try out my old oil paints and to break away from the acrylics. Halfway through I decided to paint my own and my sister's portraits. Edith is at the piano, since she is very musical, while I am standing behind her. It was a great exercise, and the oil paints that my parents gave me to my 16th birthday were actually still good, after about 15 years!
Mein erstes Oelgemaelde, mit Oelfarben von meinen Eltern zu meinem 16. Geburtstag. Sie waren immer noch toll verwendbar. Ich wollte mit diesem Gemaelde von den Acryl-Farben losbrechen, und habe seither nur noch mit Oel gemalt. Halbwegs durch diese Renoir Studie entschied ich mich, Edith ans Klavier zu sitzen, waehrend ich hinter ihr stehe. Ich habe viel damit gelernt, und konnte meinen Eltern ein schoenes Weihnachtsgeschenk schicken.

2 comments:

jamie said...

I love that it give me the feeling of the early 1900's ! I also wonder what song she's playing. Great Work!

jamie said...

I love this painting. It gives me that feeling ofearly 1900's! I also wonder what song must your sister be playing! Great work!