Dec 14, 2008

Riverwood Plein Air


This afternoon I went to the neighborhood dock and painted these quick 6"x8" studies. It was cloudy, with the sun coming out once in a while, which really messed with the shadows. Also, there was quite a breeze coming from the Spruce Creek. Blew my palette right off my pochade box once (and landed sunny side down, of course!). Still had fun. A little boy appeared and asked if I would paint the train if it would come by. Thank God it didn't - I'm not that fast LOL>
Heute nachmittag ging ich zu unserem Anlegesteg in der Nachbarschaft und malte diese kleinen Studien ganz schnell, obwohl es ziemlich windig war und die Sonne alle paar Minuten rauskam. Ein kleiner Junge kam vorueber und fragte und erzaehlte, und ob ich den Zug malen wuerde, wenn er ueber die Bruecke duesen wuerde. Zum Glueck kam er nicht, denn so schnell bin ich nicht!

2 comments:

René PleinAir said...

Zwei ganz guter Übungen, und das in Dezember, wunderbare! Was ich mich abfrage ist warum du ach in deutsch berichten schreibst?

Ruth Squitieri said...

Hi Rene,
thanks for your comment. I emailed you a couple of days ago, also updated my profile on the left. I was born in Germany. I love your paintings and subscribe to your blog, love seeing your stuff on wetcanvas, one of my favorite sites and from which I learned a lot! Ruth