Oct 26, 2011

Canaveral Seashore Paintout - Day 3

Hello again! We all painted downtown New Smyrna Beach today. Most of us were on Canal St., but since I have painted those alleyways already 4 times this summer with the First Saturday Group, I went to the marina and located these two boats right by the small North Causeway bridge. The light was falling on them just right, so I started another big one, 11x14. Below is my setup with the boats Vela and another small one in the background. I also included some palm trees as I feel much more confident about them now.
Heute malten wir alle in New Smyrna Beach, die meisten auf Canal Street. Da ich diese Szenen jedoch vom Sommer her kannte, ging in um den Block rum zum Hafen und fand diese tollen Boote mit dem richtigen Sonnenschein.


Unfortunately I had to cut my painting day short today, as my regular job needed some of my time too.
Leider konnte ich am Nachmittag nicht mehr malen, da sie mich in meinem regulaeren Job brauchten.


Morning At The Harbor   11"x14" oil on masonite


At 7pm tonight we had a reception at Arts On Douglas gallery. Each one of us could display one of the recent paintings on an easel, and then chat with the many visitors. We all had a great time, with wonderful food and wine provided by Chef Sue. Lots of people, and lots of very positive comments. Many of the locals recognized the scene and location I had portrayed. We had a good time. Tomorrow most of us will be painting on Flagler Ave., with the sunset painting at JB's Fishcamp tomorrow at around 6-7pm. Hope you can come!
Heute abend um 19 Uhr hatten wir einen Empfang in einer lokalen Gallerie, wo wir alle eines unserer neuen Bilder ausstellen durften. Wir hatten viele interessierten Besucher, und vor allem mein Bild wurde sehr bewundert. Viele der oertlichen Leute erkannten meine Szene gleich auf den ersten Blick und gaben mir tolle Kommentare. Viel Spass und Erfolg!

No comments: