Oct 27, 2013

ANNUAL AUTUMN IN THE OAKS ART, MUSIC AND CRAFTS FESTIVAL

Yesterday I participated in the first annual arts festival in the charming little town of Deleon Springs here in the area. I have to say they are the nicest community with the nicest people. It seemed like everybody was present, milling around and chatting with each other. They had pony rides, food trucks, arts and crafts, and a Ponce DeLeon lookalike contest with lots of bearded participants in colorful vests and leather boots. The weather couldn't have been better and the shady areas were welcomed.
Gestern nahm ich im ersten jaehrlichen Herbst Fest im suessen Dorf von Deleon Springs teil. Eine tolle Gemeindschaft und nette Leute! Es schien, als ob jeder Einwohner dort war. Es gab Ponyreiten, verschiedene Gelegenheiten zum Essen, eine Kunst und Hobby Ausstellung, und ein Kostuem-Wettbewerb. Das Wetter war so schoen, und die Oertlichkeit mit den hohen Eichen ganz toll und malerisch.



I set myself up right in front at the historic Porter House and painted a side view with the sunlight streaming in from the top left. This way I was able to greet people just coming in from parking, and chatted with a lot of them.
Ich setzte meine Staffelei im Vorgarten des alten Porter Hauses auf und malte die Seite, die von der Sonne schraeg beschienen wurde. So war ich gleich vorne dort und konnte alle Besucher begruessen und mit ihnen schwatzen.

Setup at the scene, you can see my finished painting on the easel in the lower left.

I started in my usual style with a burnt sienna underpainting and midway through really ramped up the very sunny feeling of the scene. I was very happy with the painting, and sold it to the organization right off the easel. They told me it will hang in the Porter House. That made my day.
Ich fing mein Gemaelde wie ueblich an, und fing die Sonne schoen ein, finde ich. Die Organisation kaufte das Bild gleich weg von der Staffelei, wo es dann spaeter im Porter Haus haengen wird. Das fande ich ganz toll.


Porter Sunshine, 8"x10", oil on masonite SOLD

No comments: