Oct 13, 2013

Canaveral Seashore Paintout4

On Friday I went to the marina at the North Causeway and found a nice boat with a cool old building behind it. I went with the lighter colors again, and even more geometric brush application. Halfway thru the painting Austin surprised me with his presence, some beer and music. We both enjoyed the quiet at the marina together while I finished the painting.
Am Freitag malte ich am Hafen in New Smyrna Beach, wo ich ein schoenes Boot mit einem tollen alten Gebaeude im Hintergrund fand. Ich malte sehr geometrisch mit den klaren hellen Farben. Als ich halbwegs fertig war, kam ueberraschenderweise Austin vorbei mit Musik und Bier, und wir konnten beide die friedliche Szene geniessen, waehrend ich fertigmalte.


 My painting process above.

 Peace On The River, 11"x14" oil on masonite

We went together to the wet room where I hung this last painting. I included some from last year.
Zusammen hingen wir dieses letzte Gemaelde an meine Wand in der Galerie, wo ich auch ein paar vom letzten Jahr ausgestellt hatte.



Saturday evening was the culmination of the week, with patrons getting first dibs in the first private hour of viewing, and then the rest of the public could view and buy.
Am Samstag Abend war die letzte offizielle Ausstellung, wo die VIP Sponsoren erste Wahl hatten, und danach das lokale Publikum auch schauen und kaufen konnte.


Patron Anne Vogt bought my marsh scene from last year, a hard decision made a bit easier for her by her niece. She happily posed with me.
Eine der Sponsoren kaufte eine Sumpf-Szene vom letzten Jahr, wobei ihr ihre Nichte bei der Wahl half. Sie war total gluecklich mit ihrem Kauf, siehe unten.


The event was very successful, with lots of art being sold, and many visitors. As I was taking down my paintings for the night, Nancy Malmberg bought the one I did earlier in the week for her husband's birthday. My night was complete. I had never had so much success, and fun, and I am definitely looking forward to next year.
Die Ausstellung war sehr erfolgreich, mit vielen Kauefen und vielen Besuchern. Als ich am Ende der Nacht meine Bilder zum Auto brachte, kam eine der Organisateuren auf mich zu und kaufte ein Bild dieser Woche fuer ihren Mann zum Geburtstag. Ich was so happy mit dieser Woche, soviel habe ich noch nie verkauft (im ersten Jahr nichts, und letztes Jahr eines, und nun 4!)

Here are all my sales for the week. I am so proud! Hier sind alle meine Verkaeufe, ich bin so stolz!



Til next year! Bis zum naechsten Jahr!
Ruth

No comments: