Oct 13, 2013

Canaveral Seashore Paintout Part2

The next week we all painted around town, with 2 demos each day. We had about 6 new artists this year, and everybody wants to do a demo, so the selection process is quite competitive. I did not get to do one, even though I really enjoy doing it.
Waehrend der Woche malten wir alle in der Umgebung von New Smyrna Beach, mit 2 Demonstrations-gemaelden jeden Tag. Jeder will so eine Demo machen, doch da wir 6 neue Kuenstler hatten, konnte ich dieses Jahr nichts demonstrieren, was mir doch viel Spass macht.


For my second painting I joined a small group that was gathered in Christmas Park in NSB around Linda Holmes, who was doing a demo of the cool clock tower that I had already done twice. I looked west and found a really cool alleyway with lots of wires and old buildings. Even though clouds moved in like crazy, I could catch the shadows and make it a sunny painting.
Fuer mein 2. Gemaelde setzte ich meine Staffelei in der Naehe von Linda Holmes auf, die im Christmas Park ihre Demo hatte. Ich fand diese tolle Gasse mit vielen Telephonkabeln und alten Gebaeuden, und obwohl viele Wolken aufzogen, konnte ich die Schatten gerade noch einfangen.

My setup with the scene behind the easel, and my underpainting in burnt sienna.

Laying in shadows and first highlights.

Adding color (using my limited color palette of warm yellow, warm blue, burnt sienna, white and some Naples yellow)


All Wired Up, 11"x14", oil on masonite SOLD

In the evening we had our gathering at the Arts On Douglas Gallery, where everybody displayed one painting of the week, and met the public with wine and cheese. It was really a great event, as usual, and my fiance Austin was able to join me.
Am Abend hatten wir einen Empfang in einer Galerie, wo jeder ein Bild ausstellen konnte, und dann mit Wein und tollem Kaese mit den Besuchern und Kuenstlern quatschen konnte. Wie immer war das ein tolles Ereignis, vor allem da auch mein Verlobter Austin mitkommen konnte.

Austin and I with Elisabeth and Jack, whose VW I had painted and they purchased.
Austin und ich mit den Kaeufern meines ersten Gemaeldes Elisabeth, die auch mitmalt, und ihr Freund Jack.

With Pat Skirtic, one of the main organizers of the paintout.

No comments: