Jul 8, 2016

Perspective and Composition class in August

Hello everybody!
If you are interested in learning PERSPECTIVE and COMPOSITION in a fun and relaxed, but hands-on way, then please consider signing up for my 4-week class in August, held at the Artist Workshop in New Smyrna Beach every Thursday morning!You all know that I have been painting mostly landscapes for over 20 years. I have given demos and classes in the past, and with my hands-on, easy approach you will learn how to see perspective and angles the correct way. In addition my experience as a graphic artist for over 20 years has helped me with composition - the HOW and WHY to place various elements in your artwork, be it landscape or still life.




FOR THE CLASS:
This is for ANY media, as we are learning CONCEPTS.
Just bring your regular painting materials and canvases, and maybe a small sketchbook and pencil or charcoal for quick studies. I want to encourage to also bring some of your finished paintings, or ideas, that you would like to have gently critiqued to illustrate the points, and/or photos that you usually or later intend to paint from.
I am very hands-on and informative. I rather teach on materials and scenes that interest the students than some dry theoretical stuff that is hard to grasp. It's always easier to understand something if it's demonstrated on something concrete and in front of your eyes.
I will focus on distance, boats, meandering paths and creeks, and buildings/urban landscapes. But please feel free to make suggestions or ask anything else that relates to painting!






HOW TO SIGN UP:
Please email me at krautgraphics@gmail.com, or call me direct at 386-451-6857 to sign up. Payments are made directly to me, and I will inform the Artist Workshop of your attendance. You do not have to be a member of the AWI.
I know that this is the end of summer and some of you might just be getting back into town. Since we are learning from examples you and I bring in, you will benefit even if you only attend one or two of the sessions, which will then be prorated at $25/session.






Classes are held every Thursday morning in August from 9:30am til 12:30pm
(Aug 4, Aug 11, Aug 18, Aug 25) and the total cost is $100.
Classes are at the studios of the Artist Workshop, 540 Barracuda Blvd, New Smyrna Beach, Florida.


I sure hope you can make it!
Ruth Squitieri
www.paintingsbyruth.com
386-451-6857



1 comment:

Linda said...

Beautiful paintings! Warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)