Oct 26, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paintout 2012 - Day 3

Wednesday and Thursday were our downtown days. I like those, as I still don't care too much about just greenery and marsh scenes. I was needed at my regular job in the morning, but after a shorts lunch meeting with some of the artists I set up by the clock tower on Canal. Last summer I painted the same scene, but from the other side, and it has been one of my favorite and most successful paintings. I painted looking east this time, where Trish Vevera had her own demo. Below is the scene and my resulting painting. I added a couple of people afterwards, but couldn't get a good shot.
Mittwoch und Donnerstag waren unsere Downtown Tage, die ich viel lieber mag, da ich immer noch nicht so auf Gruenerei und Marsch-Szenen drauf bin. Mein Chef brauchte mich am Morgen, doch am Nachmittag setzte ich meine Staffelei auf Canal Street auf, wo ich schon letzten Sommer eines meiner Lieblingsbilder produziert hatte. Diesesmal schaute ich jedoch in die andere Richtung, wo Trish Vevera ihre Mal-Demonstration hatte. Am Schluss malte ich noch ein paar Leute rein, doch leider konnte ich kein gutes Photo schiessen.


Canal Street facing East, 11"x14", oil on masonite

While walking around I spotted Morgan Samuel Price, a very accomplished and famous artists whose book I just purchased several weeks ago. She did a fantastic painting on the sidewalk and I had a chance to chat with her for a while.
Waehrend ich in der Stadt herumlief, traf ich Morgan Samuel Price, die sehr gut und beruehmt ist. Ich hatte gerade ihr Buch vor einigen Wochen gekauft. Ich konnte ein bisschen mit ihr plaudern und ihr Gemaelde bewundern.


After dinner we had a reception at Arts on Douglas in New Smyrna Beach with food and wine. Everybody had brought one painting to display. It was well visited and several paintings were sold again. Unfortunately I didn't remember to take any pictures.
Nach dem Abendessen war ein Empfang in einer Gallerie in New Smyrna Beach mit Essen und Wein. Jeder Kuenstler brachte ein Gemaelde von der Woche zum Anschauen, es waren viele Besucher da, und es wurde auch einiges verkauft. Leider vergass ich, Bilder zu machen.

No comments: