Oct 22, 2012

Canaveral Seashore Paintout 2012 - Day 1

The Paintout has officially started! Yesterday was an informal meeting for all the artists to review the schedule, and today at 9am the Mayor of New Smyrna Beach officially started the 3rd annual paintout. The coordinators take great care of us with breakfast and coffee, and a great lunch with lots of veggies and light fare, along with water and soda. All we need to do is paint!
Das Malereignis des Canaveral Seashore Paintouts hat nun offiziell angefangen! Gestern hatten wir ein kurzes Treffen, um ueber die Aktivitaeten zu gehen, und heute hat der Buergermeister von New Smyrna Beach offiziell die Woche eingeweiht. Wir werden gut mit Fruehstueck und Mittagessen versorgt, wir muessen nur malen!


A lot of us stuck around the Eldora House, and I painted the back side from the dock, along with 3 others. It was a bit breezy but still quite hot. Below is the scene, my start with shadows and highlights on my usual toned panel, and the final painting.
Einige von den 27 Kuenstlern blieben im Gelaende des Eldora Hauses, und ich malte mit 3 anderen von einem Steg hinter dem Haus. Trotz der Briese war es immer noch ziemlich heiss. Unten ist die Szene, meine Untermalung mit Schatten, und dann mein fertiges Gemaelde.



Just as I was adding my signature my phone rang and I got notification that one of my paintings from last year's paintout sold! The buyer was still at the wet room/gallery space in the Eldora House, and I could meet her in person. Below is the happy artist and happy buyer next to the painting, Flagler Boardwalk, 14"x11", from last year.
Gerade als ich das erste Gemaelde unterschrieb, klingelte mein Handy und mir wurde mitgeteilt, dass ein Gemaelde vom letzten Jahr verkauft wurde. Ich traf die Kaeuferin im Eldora Haus, wo sich der "Nasse Raum"/Gallerie befindet, und unten seht ihr uns beide mit dem Gemaelde.

 

After a great lunch chatting with my patron and the other artists I went around the corner and started a scene that I usually would not do. But I want to push myself and do more Florida-esque scenes, something typical and more generic, without having architecture that pinpoints a certain location.
Nach einem tollen Mittagessen, den ich mit der Kaeuferin und anderen Kuenstlern verbrachte, ging ich um die Ecke rum, und fing diese Szene an, die ich eigentlich nie beachtet haette. Ich will jedoch mehr Florida Szenen malen, anstatt von Bildern mit Gebaeuden, die viel zu spezifisch sind. 


I really liked how the shadows were laying across the sandy path, and tried my best to sort out all the foliage and greenery that always gives me so much trouble. I really like my result, unfortunately the photo of the painting is quite blurry, my apologies.
Die Schatten, die quer ueber'm Pfad lagen, fand ich toll, und ich hatte ziemlich Schwierigkeiten, einigen Sinn aus dem ganzen gruenen Zeug zu machen. Ich mag jedoch mein fertiges Gemaelde, leider ist das Photo nicht besonder doll, 'tschuldigung.


Ah, the end of a great first day. The 2 paintings on the left are from last year which we were allowed to hang to get a good start for the visitors, with the one having the red SOLD sign on it - yay! And the smaller ones on the right from today. I am very happy and ready for tomorrow's painting. Hope to see you there!
Ah, ein schoenes Ende zu einem schoenen ersten Tag. Die 2 Gemaelde links sind von letztem Jahr, die wir aufhaengen durften, so dass die Besucher auch schon am ersten Morgen was anschauen konnten (ihr seht das fette rote SOLD Schild daran, ja?), und rechts die 2 neuen von heute.

Attached is the schedule again, with my demo on Thursday afternoon in downtown NSB. Ruth
Unten ist nochmal die Planung der Woche, mit meiner Maldemonstration am Donnerstag Nachmittag. Bis dann, eure Ruth


No comments: