Oct 8, 2012

Demo at The Artists Workshop last week

Sorry it's a bit late, but I want to report about my demo painting at the Artists Workshop in New Smyrna Beach last Wednesday. The monthly meeting was well visited, but I had to compete with the first presidential debate this evening, so quite a few people left before I could get started. But the remaining members seemed to enjoy my painting.
Entschuldigung, ich wollte dies schon viel frueher schreiben. Meine Demo in New Smyrna Beach am Mittwoch lief gut ueber die Buehne. Ich musste jedoch gegen die erste Debatte von Obama und Romney im TV ankaempfen, deswegen waren nicht alle Mitglieder anwesend. Aber dem Rest der Besucher schien es gut zu gefallen.



I taped a photo to the wall that I had taken about 7 years ago in St. Augustine. I had painted that scene back then as a large 18x24 studio painting, see below scene and studio painting, and I had always liked the composition.
Ich klebte ein Photo an die Wand, das ich vor ca. 7 Jahren in St. Augustine aufgenommen hatte, und dann als ein ziemlich grosses Studiogemaelde vollbracht hatte, siehe unten.







So on Wednesday I painted it again, this time smaller and much faster. While painting I talked a bit about easel selecetion, colors, scene selection, editing, brushes etc. The painting below is what I got after 40 minutes. Not finished but my main points have been illustrated successfully...
Am Mittwoch malte ich die Komposition wieder, doch diesmal viel kleiner und schneller. Waehrend des Malens erklaerte ich viel ueber meine Staffelei, die Komposition, Farbenauswahl, was man auslassen kann in einer Szene, Pinsel, etc. Unten ist das fertige Gemaelde nach 40 Minuten, nicht ganz fertig, jedoch konnte ich meine Hauptpunkte daran gut illustrieren...


St. Augustine, 8"x10", oil on masonite

The audience seemed captivated and asked quite a few questions. I hope it got everybody interested in the workshop I am scheduled to teach this Friday and Saturday in NSB. Please, if you are still pondering, call me or send me an email!
Das Publikum war sehr interessiert und bombardierte mich mit vielen Fragen. Ich hoffe, dass die Mitglieder eine gute Schnupperstunde fuer meinen Workshop bekamen, der am Freitag und Samstag in New Smyrna Beach stattfienden soll. Also, bis bald...

See you then,
Ruth

No comments: